- Buyer's Guide
Ferrous metal contamination in fluid results in premature wear and failure of pumps resulting in down-time for repairs and increased operational costs. The 5000 Series Magnetic Scrubber reduces pump damage caused by corrosion and erosion, which extends pump component life and reduces pump maintenance or replacement. When installed prior to pumps or return lines the 5000 Series Magnetic Filter Scrubber's magnetic fields are fully exposed to contamination with minimal flow restriction, which results in highly efficient removal of contamination.
"Installation of the 5000 Series Magnetic Scrubber before the pump significantly reduces pump failure and operational costs," says Roger Simonson, president, One Eye Industries. "The scrubber eliminates the build-up of ferrous contamination on Mag-drive pumps and reduces wear of pump components on diaphragm and screw pumps."
A Mag-drive pump's magnetic field gathers ferrous contamination causing the pump to seize and fail. In Mag-drive pump applications, The 5000 Series Magnetic Scrubber captures ferrous contamination before it reaches the pump, reducing pump failure. In applications such as Diaphragm and Screw pumps, the scrubber traps ferrous and non-ferrous contamination by way of static adhesion which minimizes wear on pump components. The scrubber's strong magnetic fields have the ability to filter from large particles to sub-micron sizes, which is important for fluids traveling in "high flow" applications.
"The scrubbers design has minimal flow restriction and filters to sub-micron levels," says Simonson. "The magnetic filter is easily cleaned and is reusable for 10-plus years, which minimizes your environmental footprint.”
Benefits of Pump Protection:
· Removal of ferrous contamination from new hydraulic oil
· Increased system up time
· Increased life of critical components (valves, pumps, motors etc)
· Reduced erosion
· Reduced wear
· Extended filter life
· Reduced filter disposal costs
5000 Series Magnetic Filter Scrubber Technical Description:
· Designed for in-line installation on water, fuel, oil, hydraulic and coolant systems with high flow rates in high & low pressure systems.
· Constructed of 314/316 stainless steel offering high corrosion resistance, with minimal flow restriction.
· Patented design with high-strength rare-earth magnetic technology
· Optional Cam-loc closure for easy inspection and cleaning
· Vibration resistant and capable of constant operation at 300 degrees F
· Warranted for three years with an operational life longer than 10 years
· Tested and charted as per industry standards and CWB certified.
Additional links related to the 5000 Series Magnetic Filter Scrubber:
About One Eye Industries Inc.
Over the past 14 years, One Eye Industries has designed and manufactured the most advanced environmentally friendly industrial separation and filtration systems on the market. The company’s filters can be used in applications such as lube oil, hydraulics, fuel, transmissions and coolants.