This year marks the 80th anniversary of the world-renowned ARO brand, known throughout global industrial markets as the emblem of premier fluid handling and fluid power products. Incorporated on January 23, 1930 in Bryan, Ohio, the ARO Equipment Corporation initially offered a line of lubrication equipment for automotive service garages and farming equipment. Following decades of expansion into new businesses including pumps, power tools, and material handling equipment, the ARO Corporation was acquired by Ingersoll Rand in 1990.
Today, the ARO brand is an important strategic asset as part of Ingersoll Rand's Industrial Technologies Sector. It is prominently featured on all of the company's fluid product lines, including air operated diaphragm and piston pumps, valves, cylinders, controls, and filter-regulator-lubricator (FRL) products. Hundreds of thousands of ARO products are installed in countries around the world in applications ranging from chemical processing to mine dewatering.
"The fluid products business of 2010 is a very different one than the enterprise founded in 1930," said Mike Medaska, vice president, fluid products, for the Industrial Technologies Sector of Ingersoll Rand. "We're very proud that the ARO brand has endured for eight decades by continuing to deliver on a promise of exceptional productivity, reliability, innovation and customer service to an expanding base of end users. The unparalleled strength of the ARO brand and the team of talented employees behind it are foundational elements of our global growth strategy."
Ingersoll Rand is a global diversified industrial firm providing products, services and solutions to transport and protect food and perishables, secure homes and commercial properties, and enhance industrial productivity and efficiency. Driven by a 100-year-old tradition of technological innovation, we enable companies and their customers to create progress.